January 18, 2015

Romeo and Juliet

Ruth put on three performances of Romeo and Juliet this week. Two for her school and one for parents. She played the part of Mother Mary Lawrence.  For those of you rusty on your Romeo and Juliet, Fryer Lawrence is the fellow that married Romeo and Juliet and set up the plan with the poison that looked like death.  Because this was a production of Ruth's theater class, their number of boys was limited, so they switched her to be Mother Lawrence.

I'm posting a short highlight video here for the sake of grandparents. If you get my blog by email you'll need to visit the site to see it.

Sister Lawrence scolds the Capulets for being such horrible people after they discovered Juliet "dead".
Sister Lawrence tells Romeo to 'man up' after he is banished.

A posed picture in front of the Capulet's family tomb.

Back to Nauvoo

It's been two years since we first went to Nauvoo and they already want us back. We will be on the stage from July 20-25th.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am happy for you that you get to go back to Nauvoo. I wish we could come see you, but Girl's Camp call me. Ruth looks great...I couldn't get audio but I'm sure the problem is on my end.

Amy said...

I emailed my friend that lives in Burlington, IA to see if they would be in town that week that we want to go and she called me and said that they are in the pageant the exact same week as you! So excited - I've known her since 7th grade! My mom already booked our rooms - Nauvoo Villas, but for one of the nights we have to move from a 2 bedroom suite to 2 one bedrooms!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...