May 31, 2009



Memorial Day: We went up to visit Grandma and Grandpa S. for Memorial day. We visited family graves in two different towns, left flowers and flags and grandma shared her memories with us.




Ruth Soccer: Saturday was Ruth's last soccer game. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera so we took some pictures in the backyard.




Kaitlin's Catapult: Kaitlin designed and built this catapult for math class. Watch the video to see it shoot.



Temple Celebration:
Saturday was the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Celebration. I and the younger kids watched it on satellite broadcast at our church building. Chuck and the older ones went to the Conference Center. It was a huge pageant with over 5,000 dances and a 2,000 member choir. Kaitlin and Chaz danced in a baseball dance. Here is from Kaitlin's blog:
"yeah it was so cool. the Prophet was there, along with Pres. Eyring. it was way fun to see all the dances. they said there were like, 7000 youth participating. the choir was all singing and they were a lot of them. there was 4 pioneer dances, our baseball dance, the 1921, 1940's, and the 1950's.there was also a tribute to the war veterans, and a specialty dance, which consisted of girls and boys doing flips and standing on kid's shoulders and doing fancy stuff. there was a Polynesian, Mexican, and Chinese dance as well. then the temple came out of the set and it was so beautiful."
Our Week in Video
Here is a little video I made from some events from this week. Unfortunately I don't have anything from the temple celebration. They are supposed to release that on DVD so we'll look forward to that.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the video compilation! My favorite part was the dance practice with Chuck and Ruth joining in. We really enjoyed watching the celebration - our favorites were the baseball dance (especially the big hat guys) and the Chinese dragon.

The State of Our Family said...

Cool! I don't remember your backyard being so gorgeous! Maybe I never went out there--weird! Also, it was fun to see the other ward kids in the one picture! Everyone is growing up!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...