
Happy Mother's Day!
In honor of mother's day I'm adding some pictures of my maternal grandmother Irene. The photo was taken in 1925. Don't you love that finger wave in her hair!
Below is a picture of my mother, when she graduated from high school. And another picture of me with my mother when I was a little girl.
I'm grateful to be a link in a long line of woman who have valued family and motherhood. They were also well educated and passed down many talents and good morals to their children.
Do you see any resemblance???
We got a phone call this week from the District Science Fair people telling us that Ruth won 3rd Place at the district science fair. They told us that they had made an error and apologized. They are sending her 3rd place ribbon in the mail. Congratulations Ruth!!!
Kaitlin: Singing Sensation
Kaitlin and a couple of her friends were asked to sing at the 7th grade awards assembly. They will be singing "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.
Jared Scored a Goal!
Jared scored his 2nd ever goal at soccer this week. After his goal he didn't jump and down or anything. He just made a fist and whispered fiercely, "YES!"
Temple Training
I went to training on Saturday morning to be a host for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Openhouse that begins next week. I will be working as a host on Tuesday ("Hello and welcome to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. We'd like to show you a short video about the purpose of temples in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.") and Chuck will be working out in the parking lot.


1 comment:
Well, I don't see a striking physical resemblance - a little bit, but you certainly picked up the wonderful traits that they passed down to you - family values, education, wonderful talents, etc, etc.
Congrats to all your kids - Ruth - science fair winner - I still think hers is one of the most unique ideas, singing - Kaitlin - I am amazed at how much she is changed - she is a beautiful young woman, and Jared - for that great goal and being so modest about it. I think soccer is so great for kids - they have fun and learn good sportsmanship.
Post a Comment