May 17, 2009

Becky's Birthday

I had a great birthday this week! We had pizza and played some games. I went to the park with the kids. Nothing special, but it was a special day for me.

I'm including this picture from my birthday because of Jared on the left. So funny!



Temple Openhouse

This was our first week were we got to work at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Openhouse. Make that I got to work at the temple openhouse. Chuck was fired. Well, not really fired, they just called at the last minute and said they didn't need him. I went to do my volunteer hours and got to tour the temple. They ended up sending me home early because it wasn't so busy. The next two weeks are VIP tours only at the temple. We will be serving again in a few weeks when the temple opens up to the general public. I wish all you Minnesota relatives could come out and tour the temple with us. It really is a rare opportunity.

Other Stuff

Chaz had his last band concert this week. It was pretty good. He starts acapella choir next year. I hope he likes it better than he did band. I think he will because there are all those girls there. *I continue to be busy with Music Man rehearsals. * I had a Stake Primary Activity this last Saturday where our Ward ran a display and games. I made a video about Temples Around the World. It was a big success. * I told ya'll about the Chuck FanFiction Awards my story was nominated in. My story got second place in the Best Overall Category. I finished the story on my birthday. In the end it was 54,000 words. For those of you that are interested, the first Harry Potter book was 76,000 words. So my story was about 3/4 of that book. In the end it was 125 typed pages (12 pt font). The idea of writing a book has always been very daunting to me, so it's nice to know that I have it in me to write something that long. Now I'm just working on honing those skills.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Yay! Congrats on the fanfiction thing. Also, Chuck was renewed for another season!

The State of Our Family said...

I can't wait to see it when we come next month! It is so beautiful! It was still yellow when we left last year.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...