August 26, 2018

Back to School

I failed at a basic mothering thing this week because I did not take "back to school" photos of any of my children. So imagine to the right a photo of Jared, dressed in a grey henley and jeans, headed off for his first ride on the early morning bus to high school.  Next to the photo of Jared, would be a cute photo of Ruth in a blazer and jeans, sporting her new "business scholar" backpack.  And then finally, there might be a selfie I took outside my new elementary school on my first day of work.  Imagine those photos and think of those "first" weeks you experienced in your life and you will be well on your way of understanding our experiences. 

Jared, never verbose, seemed to feel just fine about his first week of 10th grade. He was able to name friends he was eating lunch with, and articulated that he particularly enjoyed his engineering class.  Ruth, ever verbose, really loved her first week of "real" university.  She was particularly happy to meet her assigned business group that she will be working and traveling with this year.  

My first week of work went better than expected.  The job description I was given when I took the position ended up being totally changed.  I would have never taken the job in its current form. After stressing out over it, I decided that I would try it out until Thanksgiving. So practicing positive self-talk, I gave my first week my best effort and felt that it went pretty well.  

Chuck's Trip

Chuck had a fun time on his trip to visit his parents and help them get settled in their new apartment.  He was able to set up their electronics and hang their curtains. He enjoyed dinner with his siblings and had a good visit with Chaz and Jeremy.  

No comments:

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...