April 1, 2018

Happy Easter Everyone,

We had a pretty chill Easter this year.  Because Easter happened to fall at the end of the quarter Chuck had to work several hours today.  Ruth went with Quaid to visit his grandparents and spend some time with them, then Quaid came for Easter Dinner and then we made cookies with the new cookie cutters I had made on the 3d printer this weekend. 

I talked on the blog in January about how we were going to go to a new church on the 4th Sunday of every month.  So last week we went to a brand new church here in our town. It was a contemporary Christian type church and the service was enjoyable, and the pastor talked about Christ and his love and forgiveness, which was nice.  Since today was LDS conference, Chuck and I decided to visit the local Catholic church for their Easter service. I was hoping for some quality Easter choir music, but alas, their music was some man on a synthesizer leading all the hymns to a balsa nova beat, including saxophone synth interludes. It was really quite odd.    Speaking of conference, we were happy about all the changes that were announced. 

Ruth got some good news this week.  A month ago she was recruited by, and then applied for the Business Scholars program at the U. This is like an honors fast-track program for business students that only takes about 30 students a year.   Ruth found out this week that, not only was she accepted to the program, but she was given a substantial 4-year scholarship as well. 


1 comment:

DeeDee said...

I am excited about the printer. The possibilities are numberless.

So excited for Ruth. She is totally ready for that.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...