March 25, 2018

This week was Jared's sophomore orientation at the high school.  His sophomore class is huge! Something like 2000 kids.  After the orientation all the clubs and activites set up displays in the gym to try to recrute.   Ruth and the debate team had a nice display and worked hard all night to build their team.   One advantage to going to a huge overcrowded school in a rich area is that there are tons of activies and groups - you really have your pick of whatever you might be interested in.  Jared isn't super excited about anything but we did spend a long time talking to the percussion kids and also the teacher who teaches computer science.    

On Friday I went to a follow-up appointment with my orthopedic  I told him about the debilitating pain I was still experiencing and we decided that the next step would be to have a cortisone shot in my shoulder. So I got the injection. It was a bit painful but managable.  As I stood to leave I started to get very dizzy.  The doctor had me lay down and they brought me cookies and water.  I guess dizziness is a side-effect for a very small persentage of people.  You know, when you want to be the one out out of a hundrad you are hoping it is to win a prize or money or something cool, not to be the lucky one that passes out because of cortisone.  Anyway, so I ended up texting Ruth who came to the hospital and picked me up.  The doc said it would take 3 days to 2 weeks for everything to settle down from the shot but so far I've experienced a bennifit, maybe 30% pain reduction.  And that's something, at least. 

As a mental health purchase for myself, I bought a 3D-printer.  I've been playing with it all weekend and so far have not produced one workable print.  But I'm learning.  And if I have to fail 10 times before I get it right, well, I'm half way there. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's cool you have a 3d printer. The Kearns library I am at while Taylorsville is closed has one. Although not today - there was a problem with it so it's getting fixed but it's relaxing to listen to it when it's printing.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...