September 24, 2017

Cosplay is a Family Affair 

This weekend was comic-con.  On Friday, Ruth and I spent the day together.  We went to see some panels and walked the convention floor.  Saturday was my big competition day.  Ruth woke up early with me to be my handler for the in-person judging for the cosplay contest.  I can not understate how vital having a helper is to me when I'm in costume.  All day Ruth and Chuck faithfully stood by my side, helping me through doors, feeding me water, adjusting my suit. Chuck was my handler for the evening competition and he came backstage with me and helped me navigate everything.   This was my first time competing as a Masters at this level, and I was so glad that the competition was light. I didn't have to go up against any 12 foot robots that shoot fire out of their eyes, or quick change Cinderellas that spin their rags into a beautiful ballgown.  My goal going in was to place, I ended winning the masters division.













A Day with My Brother

I was so lucky this week to spend a day with my brother Richard this week.  I don't think I've spent that kind of time with him since I was just a little girl.  He asked me to drive him to a hospital appointment since his wife is out of town, and I was more than happy to do it.   I'm so glad his family has moved back out to Utah so that we can see each other much more often.  While he was getting his treatment he helped me get set up on Snapchat and showed me how to "snap".


2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! though I'm not surprised at all. How do you like snapchatting? Haven't tried it but it seems like Zach is always snap chatting.

DeeDee said...

I love seeing all the pics

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...