September 10, 2017

Back to Work

This week I had my beginning of the year training.  Tomorrow I head back to work as a teacher's aid for 1st grade.   Ruth also went back to work.  She was laid off last month but then got a call a couple weeks ago asking her to come back. I guess the guy that laid her off was fired and they were trying to rehire some of the employees.  Ruth agreed to come back but at fewer hours (because of school), they agreed  - so it seems to have worked out for everyone.

Because this was my last week before starting work I've been pushing to get all my cosplay stuff finished for comic-con in 2 weeks.   I've also filled a few orders on my Etsy shop.   Here is a picture of the batgirl cape in progress.  Making patterns is a tricky skill that I'm getting better at with practice.

The only other thing going on around our house is fighting over the xBox because Destiny 2 (a first person shooter game) came out this week.

No comments:

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...