Jared asked me this question the morning I forced him to go to swimming lessons. Jared's never taken lessons, and he is getting to the point in scouts that he needs to be a stronger swimmer so I signed him up during this, our last off-track time of the year. He did not want to go at first (thus the comment), but after his first two lessons he is really loving it and has asked me to sign him up for another round. It's amazing how quickly things change.
Scout-o-rama
We went to our first ever Scout-o-rama this weekend. That is a big gathering scouts where there are lots of booths of different activities for the scouts to do (and things for the parents to buy). We didn't know how huge it would be (it filled the entire convention center). We spent hours doing the activities and could have spent hours more. I was amazed at the hundreds and hundreds of volunteers that were working at the event. Here are a few pictures:
| Jared rocked at the bridge climb. |
| There were several different rubber band gun shooting galleries. Now I want to make one. |
| I sword fought Jared a few different times. Everyone in the family could do the activities. |
| This was one of two rain gutter races we did. The other one was duckies. |
| Even Chuck and I fought one battle. But the guy running this one wouldn't let Chuck hit me so I won. Not that I needed the help mind you. |
1 comment:
Glad you had fun. I didn't get as much time to really enjoy it as in years past, but everything went well and I am glad it's over.
I couldn't believe how tall your last two kiddos are, especially Ruth.
Post a Comment