May 1, 2012

Annette, Lisa and Amy (I'm taking the photo)
BYU Women's Conference

One of the highlights of my year is the two days every April/May that I get to escape with my girlfriends and go to Women's Conference.  BYU Women's Conference is  put on by the Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  All day you attend different presentations on various subjects. I particularly enjoyed hearing from the head of the church's Humanitarian Services, Ruth Todd, a Temple Square organist, Brad Wilcox and Ardeth Kapp.
Here we are making puppets.
 On Thursday night we participated in a huge service project; We made felt hand puppets for Head Start. There was also a concert that night that had some nice moments. On Friday, our closing speaker was Elder Anderson. Afterwards, we walked around the art museum and went out to our traditional pizza at The Brick Oven.  Of course the best part is spending time with great friends.  Thanks ladies!


Flat Jared went to see his cousin ice-skate
The Adventures of Flat Jared

Jared has been working on a project at school.  After reading the book, Flat Stanly, Jared made his own "Flat Jared" and spent a week writing down all the activities that they did together.  Then, for the next part of the assignment, Jared sent his little friend to his Aunt Laura in Minnesota to spend a week with her.  She has been taking Flat Jared everywhere and we've been getting regular updates on Facebook. Flat Jared seems to be having a great time and our family has really enjoyed seeing all the adventures that he's having.


3 comments:

Amy said...

How fun - we brought a Flat Stanley home with us from San Antonio on one of our long TX vacations. He visited Four Corners and Arches with us.

Laura said...

I've been having so much fun with Flat Jared! I'm going to be sad when I have to send him back!!!

DeeDee said...

I am so glad you got to go to women's conference. It is important to recharge.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...