May 13, 2012

The Sophomore Home Stretch

Kaitlin is in the last few weeks of the school year. She is overwhelmed with AP tests, projects, finals and concerts. This week she started to put together her final portfolio for her photography class. Here are a couple that she included:
Each week her class has a theme, and the theme for this week was "Smile You're on Camera" and had to do with taking a portrait that caught the unique personality of the person. This photo of Jared won the "Photo of the Week" out of 90 students and is now hanging on the wall of her classroom.

The theme for the week this photo was taken was "Once Upon a Time", where the photo needed to tell a story. That is Jared at the top of a slide.

Other Happenings  
  • This weekend, Chuck and Jared went to a Father & Sons camp out with our church. When I asked them how it was they said that it was "fine". They didn't take any pictures but Chuck tells me that Jared had his fill of marshmallows.  
  • We finished selling off all of the old kitchen (appliances and cabinets) this week.  We gave up on selling this dishwasher and just gave it away.  
  • Chuck and I went out on a Mother's Day/Birthday date on Saturday, and then today (Mother's Day) the house was all cleaned and I was given a new set of pans.  Yea!
  • I got the garden planted this week. Tomatoes and peppers.  We lost all of our lettuce and peas to an early attack of Summer-the-hungry-bunny. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great photo - I can see why it won photo of the week.

Got my garden planted last week too. I wasn't really motivated this year, so that was a big accomplishment for me.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...