This last Saturday Jared made his first ever soccer goal in a game. Here is a picture of it. In case you can't make it out, that is Jared, the ball is at his feet and he is about to kick in in for the goal. Jared earned a dollar for the goal as is our family tradition.
I had a very fun birthday. It started with a trip to the Driver's Licence Bureau to renew my driver's licence. (I mean really, what better way could there be to begin a special day) And then Jared and I enjoyed the rest of the morning at Wal-Mart (the happiest place on earth) doing the weekly grocery shopping. In the afternoon I finished planing the garden (I'm trying Armenian Cucumbers for the first time. Our neighbor in West Jordan used to grow them and he said they grew really well here. I'll let you know). In the evening I got my favorite dinner, a vegetarian pizza from Papa Murphy's and we watched the season finale of Smallville (not that great unfortunately). We wrapped up the evening with a rousing game a CLUE which I won (the family said they all knew it all along but were waiting for me to win as it was my birthday.)
Jared's first bike ride:
This week Jared learned to ride a two wheeler with no training wheels. He has been interested in learning this skill for a few weeks since his best friend Ethan learned to ride. On his own Jared practiced riding Ethan's bike. Then one afternoon Jared came home and announced he could ride and asked me to take off his training wheels. I did and he hoped on and drove off. I ran in for the video camera.
First movie priemeir, Prince Caspian:
Chuck and the boys went to a Fathers & Sons camp out on Friday so the girls and I went to the priemeir of Prince Caspian. We had good seats in a great theater with stadium seating and the rumbling sound system. Would you like our review of the movie? This movie contained a lot of fighting but no blood. Person after person was stabbed, sliced, punctured and decapitated without an ounce of blood to show for it. Did I mention there was a lot of fighting? The plot was well constructed though if you haven't read the book you might be a tad confused at spots. It bothered Kaitlin that the plot of the movie left the plot of the book in several places, including a small romance between Susan and Prince Caspian who in the book have an age span difference of 4 or 5 years. Though all in all Kaitlin said she did enjoy both the plot of the book and the movie plot. There were very strong Christian themes that were plainly stated. Even more so then the 1st movie. The filming, acting, sound track, special effects were all top notch. All in all a great movie. Great movie for the older children, probably too intense for younger kids (Ruth clutched my arm for most of the movie). Did I mention there was a lot of fighting?
Other news:
Chaz, Kaitlin and Ruth have been taking their end of the year CRT tests all this week. Kaitlin was the only one who seemed really concerned about it. A few nights I found her asleep surrounded by books and notes. We had the Missionaries over for Family Night. They seemed to have fun playing PIT with us. Kaitlin got some stomach bug and spent all of last night throwing up but seems to be feeling better today. We finally got our government rebate check and are still talking about what we are going to do with it. With the rising gas prices it may all just get eaten by out minivan. There was a great sale on cereal at Smith's, our local grocery store. 4 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats for 4 dollars. I printed off an online coupon from the Kraft site for 2 dollars off of one box so I was able to get 4 boxes for 2 dollars. I was pretty happy about that. Too bad they only let you print one coupon. (have you been to the Kraft site lately? They have a great recipe archive there).

1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS JARED ON THE SOCCER GOAL AND RIDING YOUR BIKE!
Woo-hoo!
Both are awesome news!
and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!!!!
Love:
Laura, Phoebe & Sabrina
Post a Comment