May 4, 2008

Barnum News May 4th, 2008


This is my first weekly entry into my new blog. This was a good week for us. One big piece of news is that we made the final payment on Chaz and Kaitlin's braces! We were fortunate to have our insurance appeal go through so our insurance paid an additional thousand dollars that they initially refused to pay. Both Kaitlin and Chaz should get their braces off by the end of the year.


Chuck took Thursday and Friday off of work so that I could go to BYU Womens conference with my two friends. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot. Chuck and the kids had a good time together. Chuck took Jared for a follow up with the eye doctor at Primary Children's on Thursday. While Jared's vision is improving his lazy eye is still a problem. The doctor prescribed eye drops that make Jared's good eye blurry. It is like a chemical patch on his good eye. We will be doing that for three months and then we will take him back in.


We had a weird weather pattern move over our house last week. It was snowing and sunny and warm and cold all at the same time. This caused the roads to steam. I'm including a photo I took of Jared to give you the idea. This picture was taken around noon.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Becky,
My Mom gave me the link to your blog. I think this is a great idea. I look forward to seeing pictures of all the kids!

~Laura, Phoebe & Sabrina

Becky B. said...

Laura,

I'm glad you found the blog. Men are so bad at keeping in contact with people. I'm glad that you'll be able to get to know us a little better this way.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...