June 3, 2018

Graduation Week!
Graduation morning photos.  

The cowl is for National Honors Society. The medal she is wearing from Debate.  The cords are for Debate and Social Studies, 
Quaid drove down and spent the day with us.

Ruth is being a T-Rex - or a ghost - I don't remember.   
Ruth's graduating class was over 850 students.
We are glad we survived such a super long ceremony. 
My mom and sister Kathleen came down for the ceremony.  Afterward, we ate at Zupas. 

This moment gave me pause more than any other that day.  At Zupas the two couples talked and laughed and for the first time, I got a glimpse of what my family is becoming - what it will be when the kids are all married and grown.  It was super satisfying to see them all becoming adult friends. 


Best in Band

The school called me last week and invited me to attend the end of the year awards ceremony at the middle school.   At that ceremony, Jared was awarded the Band Student of the Year award.  I was surprised and super happy for him. He has spent many many hours practicing the last three years and he assures me that he is the best percussionist at his school - I guess the teacher agreed with him.  Jared also got a certificate and pin for outstanding citizenship in Chinese.  He says he has no idea why he got that one. 


Kate and Ben Visit

It was so nice to have Kate and Ben down for the weekend.  In addition to graduation stuff, we also went on a shopping adventure, played some games, went to the Natural History Museum, took some family photos,  and made Kate a crown for a costume. They are delightful and we are always glad to have them.  I'm just so proud and pleased at the excellent human beings my children have become.

On the top deck at the Natural History Museum.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awesome. It is so cool to see our kids grow and change and experience different situations. I am loving seeing my older kids interact, play, entertain and enjoy their younger cousins they don't see often. And it's great to interact with my siblings and spouses now that we are all adults and married now. We did have a big family blow up before my sister left to go back to Germany, but it all got worked out and things are great. It's a miracle how quick everyone was to forgive and for things to smooth over. Enjoy your kids out of school and congrats to Ruth and Jared. Our graduation was at the same place at 6 pm and had about 800 graduates. It was fine, but I think I will tell my other kids that if they don't care, they don't have to walk for graduation - we could just rent the gown and take pictures before. And Nathan only wanted Chick-Fil-A for after, so we had a very late night dinner there

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...