July 9, 2017

Family Reunion

In spite of being burned out of our first location, my sister was able to find a second location on very short notice and we had a fun family reunion with my siblings and their families. We had a lot of fun evening activities with skits and games (I don't have any pics of those).   Here are some pictures from our outdoor adventures:

We spent one morning at a pioneer museum.

The water was so cold that it numbed our feet. 

This hike up Kannara Creek Canyon was the most fun hike I've ever done. 

Beside the waterfall was this death ladder you had to traverse. 

We saw some dinosaur prints.  It was super hot.


Spending an evening hearing stories from grandma.  I learned a few things I didn't know.


Trek

We had to leave the family reunion a day early so our kids could go on a Pioneer Trek with our church youth group.  They only get one chance to do this every 4 years so we didn't want them to miss out.  They both said it was okay but they didn't love it.

Jared front right.

Ruth on the back 3rd from the left. 

Happy Late Aniversary

Chuck and my 19th anniversary kind of got lost in all the wedding planning. So the day we sent the kids on Trek we took advantage of the alone time and spent the day at a fun center driving go-carts and playing mini golf  (not to brag but I did get the highest score on my laser tag team) :)




3 comments:

Kate said...

Cool hike-- was it all in water?

Kate said...

Cool hike-- was it all in water?

DeeDee said...

I am glad you got some down time with Chuck after the reunion.

I never went on Trek and my kids never went on Trek, and I am beginning to think that is OK.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...