Things Coming Together
Here are some things that have been coming together at our house this week:
Kaitlin registered for the last couple classes she needs to graduate in July with her AA. She'll be living at home and taking them online.
After a day of treasure hunting, Ruth found a prom dress for $15 dollars. Prom is this weekend.
My last stake choir rehearsal was yesterday and the stake choir is really coming together. I've worked them hard and am really proud of how good they've become. We will sing Sunday.
Ruth spent last weekend at a leadership conference with the city youth council. Our mayor ended up being a chaperone and Ruth road in the car he drove. Talk about quality time with the mayor!
Kaitlin got a part-time job as a reading tutor at an elemetary school. She has two more interviews for more a second part-time job today.
On a whim, I entered a cosplay contest to win a ticket to our local con. I had a few days and could only use things around my house. I won and got a VIP pass worth $160. I'm already volunteering one of the days but can use it the second day.
Chuck finished signing us up for all the new benefits Tesla has to offer us. Unfortunaly, Tesla does not give all their employees free electric cars and solar panels.
The choir I'm singing in is having their first concert on Saturday (another reason I can't use all of my VIP pass). I found a black concert dress for $8 (see treasure hunting above).
Chuck and I took my first long ride last Saturday, down past the lake to the south of us. It went well, and my confidence is really growing, though I'm a bit sore. Driving a motorcycle is exhausting.
1 comment:
You have to love those bargain dresses. I have been looking to buy a new dress for a while. I looked at the mall and at the BYU store, but couldn't find anything I liked. The cloth is so flimsy and they are all too short. Then I went to Savers (a thrift store) and found two I like, nicer cloth and fully lined. Whoot!
Post a Comment