Prom
You guys really just want to see the pictures. I get it. Because I was busy all day on Saturday, I assigned Prom to Kaitlin. They had already been plotting Prom together for months, so the fact that I wasn't going to be there wasn't a problem. Kaitlin also did all the photography.
For their day date they went to a museum and then in the evening they went out to dinner (where they saw the Mayor who came over to their table and talked to them) and then actually spent a few hours at the Prom.
I spent Friday, all day, volunteering Comic Con. For my trouble, I got a t-shirt, a water bottle, a backpack, lunch, and a one day ticket for every day I volunteered. It was pretty fun actually. I worked access, which meant I spent a big portion of my day directing crowds of people to certain lines or scanning wristbands to let people enter. It was pretty fun but exhausting. I was able to sit in on a Zack Levi panel and do a little walking around as well.
On Saturday, Chuck I went together. Chuck is a good sport, and because he loves me we dressed up as Harry Potter characters. We had a fun time walking around the convention, were stopped to take pictures more than once, and saw the actors from the Princess Bride, and some from Once Upon a Time.
Choir Stuff
Chuck and I left Comic Con early because I was singing in a concert that night with the community choir I'm in. At least I was able to see Ruth in her prom dress. The choir concert went pretty well. We were singing really difficult music and we are a brand new choir. We will only get better. And I, personally, am learning a lot working with one of the best directors in the state. A lot of this learning was reflected in my Stake Choir, which performed today at Stake Conference. Both our numbers were really strong and we had some really nice moments. I strongly believe that the improvement in the Stake Choir is a direct result of my improvements as a choir director because of my experiences in the community choir.



No comments:
Post a Comment