We had a pretty quiet week between Christmas and New Years. On Tuesday I went to a funeral for an uncle. I didn't know him well, but it was nice to visit with family. Ruth and Jared got to spend the day with cousins so that was fun for them. The rest of the holiday was spent shopping or in my workshop or hanging out with the kids. On Saturday we had a New Years party at my sisters. We played games and ate food. It was good.
2017 - The Future is Unclear
I'll be honest. While 2016 was generally a good year for our family as a whole, it was a tough one for me personally, and I was glad to see the back of it. I know it's silly, because nothing really changes at midnight, but as soon as the clock turned and I heard the fireworks go off in the distance, a feeling of relief washed over me. It was done. I'm not too sure what 2017 will bring but I do know what it won't bring. We were not accepted into Nauvoo this summer, and Chuck and I were passed over for doing Trek. So we aren't doing the big things we thought we might be doing. On the flip side, Kaitlin is coming home, so that will bring on a whole slew of unknown events. So looking forward, 2017 is mostly a big mystery. We'll just have to see.
3 comments:
Maybe Washington D.C.?
Or Iceland!
It could be a very busy and exciting year, with Kaitlin coming home so early in the year, there could be a wedding too.
Post a Comment