August 21, 2016

Recovery Week

This week involved recovering from our vacation and back to school shopping. I spent some time volunteering at the high school in my new capacity as PTA secretary and Ruth and I also worked a lot on our cosplays as prejudging is this Saturday.

We have a lot of peaches this year; too many evidently because our peach tree split in half.   After doing a lot of research we decided that it was worth trying to save the tree.  It was harder than we had anticipated but a few bolts and some silicon later and the tree is back together (minus about 40% of the branches and all of the peaches on one side). 5 days later and it's looking good.   
While writing this blog I found these random Jared selfies on my phone. 
I had a long battle with my new airbrush.  Learning new things is hard. 

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

Good luck with the tree. There is a spiritual thought in that process somewhere. When you are General Primary president you can give a talk about it.

Amy said...

Are you excited about PTA secretary? Something more to keep you busy . . . you'll do great

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...