Back to School
Ruth and Jared started back to school this week. Ruth will have a crazy busy year with a heavy work load in addition to her activities. So far her favorite class has been AP Government, but she's also bonded with her AP Language teacher over being fans of "The West Wing." Jared is excited about band and Chinese. After the first day he proudly declared that he could count to ten in Chinese. When I asked him to do it, he said I'd have to wait while he went and got his paper.
Cosplay PreJudging
This weekend was the first round of judging for the Comic Con cosplay competition (you may remember my lengthy post about the process last February). Chuck went with me this time as my handler, and it all went pretty smoothly. This was the first time I've worn this costume and I ended up having to make last minute modifications. I still had a few problems, but on the whole I'm happy with it. There is a lot of competition this year, but, being an original design puts me in a different category than most, so that helps.
So, what am I? I'm a re-imagining of the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz in a clockwork/steampunk style. My clockwork heart even beats.



3 comments:
You are amazing!!
This one is so fun. I heard they were doing a remake of The Wizard of Oz. Was that your inspiration?
I just read that there were 120,000 at the ComicCon. You won first place in your catagory. Wow. You are going to be famous. Some day some movie studio is going to call you and say, "Could you make a steam punk cyborg costume for our next movie. We will pay you $10,000."
Post a Comment