Ruth celebrated her 16th birthday with a big party at our house. I was again reminded how loud a group of teens can be and how much they can eat in the space of a few hours. They played games and had a Mario Cart contest - or so I am told. From what I heard from the safety of my bedroom the party consisted of a lot of squealing, singing, and talking. Ruth seemed to have a great day and I was glad that so many friends came to celebrate with her.
Some answers to questions Ruth has been fielding lately. When is she going to get her license? Ruth is afraid of driving so she still has a lot of hours to do before that is going to happen. When is her first date? Good question. Ruth doesn't have any dates lined up just now, but she is just happy to have it as an option.
| Party prep. She wasn't even asked! |
Other than Ruth's birthday it's been a quiet week. Chuck's job is going well and the kids are doing well in school. I still don't have a job but have come to accept that perhaps that's not what I'm meant to do right now. I've failed to mention in the blog that I conducted the stake choir at stake conference a few weeks ago. It turned out really well and I was super pleased about it. I've been working on starting a stake music library, and went to a all day music training where I learned a lot about conducting.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ruth!! I can't believe the two year old organ player is now 16!!
Post a Comment