October 11, 2015

Pumpkin Festival

When I heard about the costume contest at my city's Pumpkin Festival I knew I had to enter. I mean, I have a few costumes lying  around that might work.  While the judging was pretty sketchy I'm happy to report that my Cyberman won first place for the adult division.  I was announced as "Robot."  Afterwards, talking with the judges it was clear that none of them were familiar with the character.  So I've learned that I'm an amazing cyberman and a pretty darn good robot as well.   Taking the cyberman out in a non comic-con environment was a lot different.  First of all, very few people knew what I was and a few children were afraid of me.   After awhile people seemed to warm up to me and I gave out quite a few fist bumps.  One kid shook my hand over and over and then hung on my leg until his mom dragged him away and another little boy asked Chuck if I was a real robot or if there was a person in there.



1 comment:

DeeDee said...

That is so fun. I have been in some of the big character costumes before and it is great to see kid's reactions.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...