May 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Me!

I've lost track of how old I am, but regardless of my age, my birthday was this week.  We celebrated during the day by going to Savers (you get 20% off on your birthday) and DI where I bought 2 pairs of leather boots and a jacket for myself.   In the evening we had a pirate party where we wore costumes, ate pizza, and played games. 

To finish the evening the family helped me make a life sized mannequin that will help me with my costume making.

I had many lovely birthday wishes on facebook, and little gifts from neighbors at the door, and a few pre-birthday lunch dates. Thank you all for your kindness. It has meant so much to me, you don't even know.

Making the Copies

Kaitlin was offered two jobs this week, one at Walmart, working in the clothing department, and one at Office Max working in the copy center, and even though the Office Max job paid a little bit less, Kaitlin took the Office Max job.   She's worked two shifts so far and it a bit overwhelmed with how much she has to learn, but photo shop and photography are right in her wheel house so she will do fine.




2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the duct tape mannequin. And sounds like you had a great birthday. Congrats to Kaitlin and the job. I have been doing a little research to help Nathan get a job and it sounds like 16 is the magic age. He might be able to get on to do cleaning at the schools, but that is all that I can find for a 15 year old.

DeeDee said...

Congratulations to Kaitlin! I think she made the right choice. It will be a good resume builder to have those skills.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...