We moved Kaitlin home from college yesterday. I thought she would be sad, but truly she has been very happy to be home and glad to be done with school. This semester was a real struggle for her, with some very difficult classes, but preliminary info makes us believe that she has passed them all, and she is feeling very relieved. We've moved her into the basement where she will live for the next three months. She's looking for a temporary job to help earn some money before she leaves for Paraguay in August. She is also planing on going on our family summer trip to Nauvoo.
Becky at Woman's Conference
This last weekend was my annual trip to women's conference. I always have a great time reacquainting myself with old friends, going to great classes, doing some service, and eating tasty food.
Jared's Rank Advancement
Jared was officially awarded his 1st Class rank at a Court of Honor this week. He also got 5 merit badges. I was going to put in a picture of him pinning his rank pin on his mother, but instead found this adorable selfie on the camera that I think catches Jared's personality perfectly.
"The No Names"
Ruth's band didn't come up with a name so they were introduced at their band recital/concert as The No Names. This was their first performance and they did really well. Ruth played mostly rhythm guitar because she is also lead singer in the band, but she did do one guitar solo. She also did some singing for the other 4 bands her teacher teaches, so all in all she sang about 9 songs at the recital/concert. This was a new kind of thing for Ruth and I was really proud of her!I'm posting a video of her band playing Zombie by the Cranberries (an anti war tune) on the blog. If you get this via email, yes Grandmas, I'm talking to you, you'll have to visit the site to see the video.
Wrapping up Seussical
Ruth's final performance of Seussical was to a sold out crowd. They set up an extra 30 or so chairs in the isles and then locked the doors turning quite a few away. That means some 700 or so people came to Ruth's final performance. What a great high note to end her middle school drama career on.






No comments:
Post a Comment