The Case of the Mysteriously Disappearing Water
 |
| Chuck and the new water softener |
We noticed a year or so ago, that our water pressure had started to decrease. We heard neighbors complaining as well, so we didn't think much of it. Time went by and our water pressure slowly got worse. We adapted, as humans do, at first we didn't run the wash during showers, then we started not taking showers at the same time, that sort of things. As our concern grew, Chuck checked the water regulator valve, we were still within normal water pressure range, so we did nothing. As time passed our pressure worsened and it started to get inconvenient. When the shower was running the cold water from the fridge was a trickle, when two showers were running or a toilet was flushed all water was reduced to a small stream, and the dishes started to not be as clean at the end of a cycle. But we are hearty sort of person, not quick to complain. We'd joke about how we were grateful just to have hot water or running water at all. Well, this week it came to a head when I started the clothes washer downstairs and then I couldn't get water out of the upstairs sink at all and then the a few days later when I couldn't get the shower to work until after the toilet tank was done filling. I consulted with neighbors again on facebook to learn that only we were facing this dire drop in water pressure. My handy husband was now on the case. Everyone told us to check the water pressure valve again. He check the pressure coming into the house, and again, it was in the normal range. He turned off our sprinkler system, but still the water trickled. Then Chuck bumped into an old friend at a church meeting who had seen my post on facebook and suggest he check our water softener. As soon as Chuck bypassed our water softener the pressure returned. Amazing! Instead of the hike we had planned for Saturday, Chuck spent the day installing a new water softener* and now our pressure problems are resolved. I'm so grateful for a husband who handy and resourceful. I'm also grateful for God's tender mercies. Chuck went to a mid-week church meeting that he absolutely did not want to go to, and it was there that we got the information that helped us solve our problem.
*Why do we need a water softener you might ask. Well, if a large percentage of your water was reclaimed from a copper mine, you'd need a water softener too.
Jared's Reflections Video
Jared is off track this week and spent a day making his Reflections video. He did another stop motion, but this time experimented with camera angles and locations shots. The final one minute video took over 300 individual frames.
Here is a link to the video on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/EeOX8kl2MpM
Talent Show
Ruth and her friend auditioned for the school talent show and was one of ten acts that got in. They performed a short scene from Cinderella and sang "The Step Sisters Lament". They did really well, and what amazed me more is that they put it together all on their own with no adult guidance or intervention. Here is a highlight. (If you get this blog via email you may need to visit the blog to see the video)
I told you last week that Ruth got a swing dress for her birthday. She wore it to a dance this weekend that she went to with friends. The theme was Back in Time and she dressed it up like the 50's. I took this picture when she got home from the dance.
3 comments:
Wowie wow wow Jared and Ruth!!! SO GOOD! haha! And way to go dad, always figuring things out.
I love the stop motion. I guess it is a follow up on the science project with the socks. Is there a socks issue at your house?
Wow - I know I shouldn't be surprised at all that talent at your house (Chuck included). Enjoyed it all!
Post a Comment