February 16, 2014

Can We Fix It?

Chuck has been busy with projects lately. Last weekend our washing machine stopped turning. While I took eight loads to the laundromat, Chuck diagnosed the problem and ordered the part.  By the end of the week the part came, and after a few hours of work Chuck got the washer working again!  He also took his motorcycle's front tire in to get it fixed.  I took this picture to show you how he works on his motorcycle.

Solo and Ensemble

I mentioned last week that Kaitlin had been working hard preparing a solo for judging. She was nervous going in.  The scoring is 1-5, 1 being the best. Kaitlin said if she came out with a 3 she would be happy.   She must have done better than that because she got a 1-, which qualifies her to go on to regional competition.  Her ensemble got a 2+.

Sweethearts Dance

Sweethearts is a girls choice dance, and Kaitlin and her friend Susan hosted the date and dinner here at our house.  In the afternoon the couples went to the Frozen Sing-Along.  Ruth and I have wanted to go to that too, so we went as well, but sat on a different row from them.  You would think that Kaitlin would hate her mom going to the same movie as her date, but she didn't. In face she and Ben ran over to get into this selfie I was taking with Ruth.   In the evening the couples ate pancakes at our house before going to the dance. They seemed to have a nice time.

Kaitlin and Ben

Taft, Susan, Kaitlin and Ben

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun weekend! I still haven't seen Frozen. We're being cheapskates and waiting for the cheaper theater.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...