Serenade
 |
| Kaitlin getting sung to. |
We started our week with Kaitlin being serenaded at our doorstep by a group of boys. Ben was singing and playing the guitar, inviting Kaitlin to prom. Kaitlin was excited. Later in the week she said "yes" by decorating Ben's room with snowflakes.
Over the weekend, Kaitlin went to Snow College to attend a program they have for prospective students called Snow Blast. She had a good time overall, but was a disappointed by the music and atmosphere at the dance they put on. I was proud that I raised a daughter that has such high standards.
We've been working on Kaitlin's prom dress for awhile. For months she's been saying that she wants a Disney princess dress and she decided on the one from Tangled. I found an old wedding dress at the thrift store for $6 that I dyed purple. This week we started work on the bodice for that dress. Kaitlin is doing as much of the sewing as I will let her.
Stake Conference
 |
| Always a great view from the choir seats |
Twice a year our congregation meets together with other congregations in the area for one big meeting. This year we were lucky enough to have L. Tom Perry, a member of the Twelve Apostles, that leads the whole LDS church, come and visit with us. We had a great couple of meetings with him and I was able to sing in the choir. Our Stake (that's our group of congregations) was divided into two, since this area has grown so large. The meetings were so well attended that many people were left sitting in the hallways or standing at the back, that was even with the meeting being broadcast to three other buildings.
2 comments:
It will be fun to see how the dress turns out.
You guys are brave taking on a prom dress. Makes me very grateful I have boys! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Post a Comment