November 3, 2013

Happy Halloween

We had a fun but uneventful Halloween this year.  Jared wanted to be Slenderman, who has no face, so my costume challenge this year was to design a mask that made Jared's head white.  Ruth assembled her own Dr. Who costume, and Kaitlin went to school on Halloween as an old woman with a cat.  She wore my sweater but I'm not offended.

I helped out with Jared's classroom party and then took him and a friend out that night for trick-o-treating.  The weather was warm so there were lots of kids out.  We probably had around 150 kids come to our door.  Both the girls went out with friends and had a good time.

Slenderman is a mythical creature that if you look at him he kills you with his stretchy arms (sometimes multiple arms).
 
Ruth as the Doctor.

After being Slenderman all day Jared decided to add the bowler hat for trick or treating, just for fun.

Minecraft chicken and Derpy Hooves from My Little Pony

Minecraft pumpkin, Woody and Superman



Singing


Ruth is right above the pianist.
Ruth's school choir had their first concert with a new director.  Their concert choir was small, but they were very good. In fact it was the best Jr. High choir I've ever heard. They had a great vowels and phrasing. They even sang two songs in Latin.  It's amazing what a talented director can do.

After Ruth's concert we hurried off to a church Young Women's dinner where Kaitlin, Ruth and I sang a number with me accompanying on the guitar.  The original song was quite slow (and we'd say sappy) so we put our own spin on it and jazzed it up a bit.  No one complained so I guess we did fine.

After singing together we stopped for a picutre.
My job as church choir director is starting to get busy as we are getting ready for our Christmas program.  I have about 25 people coming to choir and it's been a lot of fun but a challenge.  I can say that I'm enjoying more than I expected, but am exhausted on Sunday afternoons.


Goodbye, Teeth

Kaitlin got her wisdom teeth out on Friday.  She was nervous but did great and I was overall happy with her surgeon and the whole process of it.  She has hatted the bleeding and swelling cheeks and aching jaw.  It's been over two full days since the surgery and she is still rather uncomfortable but the whole family has chipped in to help her out and to try to make her as comfortable as we can.  Even Ruth and Jared have been helping her.

Jared also lost two teeth this week.  Since the tooth fairy has been so delinquent in her payments lately, I paid Jared up front for the teeth. So if you see her, let the fairy know she owes me two bucks.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We'll keep our eyes out for the tooth fairy. She doesn't seem to need to come here very often.

Amy said...

I agree with Lisa - haven't seen the tooth fairy lately, but I'm sure we will in the next couple of months.

Love the slenderman costume!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...