I wish I had Kaitlin here to tell you all about her adventures in the Big Apple on her choir tour this past weekend. She saw the Lion King on Broadway, the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Time Square and the Empire State Building. They got top marks and placed 2nd overall at their choir competition. Kaitlin's favorite part was singing in the beautiful cathedral and the wonderful acoustics there. She didn't like how dirty everything in New York was, that the people were rude, and that it stunk everywhere. The day after she got home, (and even though she was really sick), Kaitlin was able to speak about some of her experiences at a church program. She gave a very good address and I've received a lot of complements on it. Overall I'd say she isn't a fan of New York at all now, but it was an experience. Kaitlin hasn't given me any pictures from her camera yet, but below is a recording of one of their songs.
(Kaitlin is on the back row. Two girls left of the boys in the center.)
You're a Good Man
Ruth has been super busy with final rehearsals for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown! Her show is this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 6:00.
Footloose Auditions
It seems all I'm talking about lately is music and performances, but that is what our lives will be for the next while. Kaitlin came home from New York with a cough and fever (I blame it on airplane air) so unfortunately, she was too sick to attend auditions for the lead parts of Footloose (she is already in the chorus). I, however, did audition and was called back as well. I'll find out this week and then our full time rehearsals start next week. I'm not expecting a lead part, but I was already accepted into the chorus and that means that Ruth has made it in as well. It will be fun for all us girls to do a show together for the first time.
![]() |
| At the top of our hike |
Chamber Choir
Kaitlin got news on Friday that she has made it into Chamber Choir for next year. Chamber is the highest audition choir at the high school, which only accepts 24 kids. She is very excited that she got in and is looking forward to a funner and less stressful, school work wise, Senior year.

2 comments:
Lots of good news this week. Can't wait to catch up more this weekend!
I am excited and a little envious about your all being in Footloose together. I enjoyed the few plays I was in when I was young.
Post a Comment