April 14, 2013


Kaitlin and her date Taylor
Prom

Yesterday was Prom and Kaitlin had a great time. She went with a fellow named Taylor; they went with five other couples that included a couple of very good friends of Kaitlin's, so that made it even more fun. They had a day date that was supposed to be picnicking but because of bad weather they ended up playing games instead.  In the afternoon she got together with girlfriends and they spent the afternoon doing make-up and hair and girly things.  The date itself was fun but she said the actual Prom was the low point of the evening.  It was held at the capital building and, while it was beautiful, it wasn't very conducive to music and dancing.  All and all she had a great time and I thought she looked beautiful!

We had a great time taking pictures. I've tried to include different ones than the ones I put on facebook.

Kaitlin called this her "Tangled Pose"

It was rainy and cold on prom night. Luckily, Kaitlin was able to borrow this smashing jacket from Ruth.

Kaitlin needed a little more length so I added the ruffle at the bottom.  It turned out super cute I think.

Conference Weekend

Last weekend we got to stay home from church to watch General Conference, where all the leaders of the church talk to the membership as a whole.  We enjoyed staying in our pajamas all day and watching it on TV.  Here is what we did:

Jared built a big fort.

I made alterations to Kaitlin's Trek clothes, sewed the ruffle on her Prom dress, did a little tatting and made these delicious cinnamon rolls.

Ruth did a lot of tweeting.  There are a lot of people on Twitter during conference talking about the speeches they liked best and such. Ruth joined in the conversation including tweeting a picture of Jared's fort.


The Beard

Chuck has started growing his pioneer beard for Nauvoo. Here it is after only two weeks.  Today was the first time he's worn it to church. He only got a little bit of teasing.


The Mustang...er...I mean horse. 

 It still has some parts, just not all.
A couple weeks ago Kaitlin's high school unveiled a huge bronze sculpture in the entryway of her school.  I guess when they ordered the statue no one took a really close look, or perhaps it was the way it was up on a pedestal that just put everything at eye level, but by afternoon of the first day the school administrators had taped a loin cloth on the mustang.  I guess it was just a little too *ahem* manly - if you get my meaning.  The next morning however, the loin cloth was removed and there was just a shinny spot where the offending part had once been.  Kaitlin said when they gave all the speeches to dedicate the statue, about how this is the great symbol of their school and the students blah blah, that she just couldn't get the symbolism that they had all been castrated out of her mind.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm chuckling. Hopefully the shiny part will dull with time and it will only be the ones there for the unveiling that remember.

Kaitlin looked fabulous and that was a smashing jacket that she borrowed. Ruth has good taste.

Chuck's beard looks awesome. Way better than I expected. Are you considering keeping it after performances?

And I have been craving cinnamon rolls for the past few weeks - especially on rainy, cold days. Sounds like I should have crashed your house for conference :)

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...