![]() |
| My family watching the parade |
We had a great holiday. It started with us going up to my parent's town and enjoying some small town USA. I've posted before about their cute little parade that goes down the road one way throwing candy and then turns around and drives back the other way throwing candy again. Only this year the fire trucks were late and some of the parade started up again behind the trucks so we got to see some of it three times. As long as they were throwing candy we were happy to cheer for them.
![]() |
| They dropped 100s of these parachutes of candy |
The Maiden Voyage
Our Days of 47 float made it's first appearance on Tuesday in the city parade. It looked wonderful and while there were maybe 12 floats in the parade, ours was by far the largest and most colorful. I'll be walking by the float in the Days of 47 parade as the safety person. They tell me I get an official t-shirt and everything.
![]() |
| Here we are queuing up for the parade |
![]() |
| We call the right side the "KSL side" because it is the side that will be shown on TV |
Bows and Arrows
For Family Home Evening this week we made two bows out of PVC pipe. It was a little more involved than I expected but in the end the bows worked really well and we were able to hit a target with them at 20 feet. You can find the instructions for the bows here.
Coming Up
We have a lot of things coming up. This week, Jared and I will be going to Cub Scout day camp. Then, next Monday and Tuesday is the Days of 47 Float Preview party, where our float will be displayed for the public and judged. We know we won't have the best float there, but it won't be the worst either so we are hoping to win something. Then, unexpectedly (I was just asked today), I'll be going church camp with Kaitlin and Ruth for 4 days next week. So that's a lot going on for us. It's good we didn't plan our family vacation until next month.





2 comments:
The bows and arrows sounds like something we could really enjoy. Thanks for sharing.
Can't wait to see the float in person. Will you be at Girls Camp during the preview days?
The float looks AMAZING!!!!!!
I want a parachute of candy :-) that sounds so cool!!'nn
Post a Comment