Almost There
| The hero of the remodel! |
We put a lot of finishing touches on the kitchen this week. Chuck got the microwave and the dishwasher installed. He put in new molding to replace those we ripped out when we did the floor. It is looking fantastic and we are so glad to be nearing the end of the project. I also was able to sell our old fridge and stove so we've started to get some of the old kitchen moved out.
Scouts
We had our pack meeting this week and Jared earned a belt loop for gymnastics and also the gymnastics athletic pin.. This is his first athletic pin and we are proud of him. Those months in gymnastics class were good for something. I got a patch for finishing all my training (scouts love training!). Speaking of training, this week I volunteered to join our districts round table staff (yes, you heard right, volunteered. Amy, stop laughing!). I'm replacing a lady who is moving so will just assist for the next couple months and then I'll take over as district trainer for the Webelos (you don't need experience evidently, just willingness).
Youth Group Responsibilities
Kaitlin and Ruth are setting in in their new responsibilities with their new youth group. Kaitlin is adjusting to the idea of being the president of her group. She is learning to give assignments and take responsibility. Ruth likes working with the other girls in her group, though I get the sense that she would be happier if she were in charge. Kaitlin is also getting ready to be a youth leader at girls camp this year. She will be certifying the younger girls on various skills. This will be Ruth's first year at camp and she is excited. Camp is a week long in July.

3 comments:
Your new kitchen is BEAUTIFUL! It is so much prettier in person than in the pictures even. I love it!
I am still smiling. Good for you - I think I'll have to start coming to your roundtables. I KNOW it would definitely be more interesting and helpful. I also hate that scouts talk so much. By 8pm, I am more than ready to go home - so hopefully you can keep it short.
And the kitchen looks incredible!
Wow, Becky, Round table staff. That is a big one. I loved the round tables when I was a cub leader. I know you will do a great job.
Post a Comment