Happy Mother's Day
I woke up to decorations, gifts and smiling greetings. After a rocky Mother's Day last year, this year Chuck has the day planned, assignments given and each child has a type written agenda. So far I've been treated to lunch and one of my favorite snacks. I can't wait for dinner. Dinner is always better when I don't cook it myself.
I've been thinking about my mother today and how she would have been my age now when she was pregnant with me. How she kept up with a precocious curly headed trouble maker like me while dealing with the terrible 40's and a household full of children, I'll never know. I have learned so much from her and am grateful for her. I'm also so thankful for my mother-in-law who raised the nicest son and best husband ever.
This week Jared participated in the 2nd grade "Wax Museum", where students dressed up as a character and memorized a short biographical speech. Jared did his report on George Ferris, the steel tycoon and inventor of the 1st Ferris Wheel at the end of the 19th Century. Jared loved dressing up and he was adorable! Jared was one of the most popular "exhibits". I think it was because he was one of the few
Around 70 students participated, including (as I already shared on Facebook) 3 Taylor Swifts, a Justin Bieber, 2 Selena Gomez, 2 Hanna Montanas, Carry Underwood, 2 Jimmers, handfuls of basketball/baseball/extrem sports stars, a Harry Potter, and then a smattering of the traditionals (George Washington, Cleopatra, etc). While I'm sure the teacher was just trying to teach the concept of biography, I was surprised that so many mothers would not steer their children to more educational choices.
Teacher Appreciation
I was busy this week with my room parent duties for Ruth's class' teacher appreciation week. I collected money and class gifts, made a slide show and door decoration. Here is a photo of the door decoration I made. I had each child decorate their own Toy Story alien for the door. I gave Ruth's teacher a sheriff's hat to wear throughout the week. It turned out well, but I'm glad it's over.
I Want to Do Something with You
On Saturday I asked Kaitlin if she was going to go hang out with her friends. She said, "No, I see my friends all the time at school." "So you want to hang out with me?" I asked. She smiled at me. "I don't know, are you doing something fun?" Oh the pressure! My kid wants to hang out with me more than her friends, but she wants to do something fun. What to do? Make a music video of course! Chaz was on a date and Ruth was playing with friends so Kaitlin, Jared and I made this music video. It's a big file so I posted it on YouTube rather than directly on the blog. I hope you enjoy it.
3 comments:
i love that music vidio it is so awesome
Ok, Becky,
You are officially the funnest and coolest mom ever. I love your music video. It is a good time when your kids are old enough to be interesting but young enough to want to do fun projects with you.
I tried posting a comment yesterday, but my parents computer kept crashing on me - ugh!
So Happy Mother's Day a little late. What a cool mom you are - the video was so fun and entertaining. And Jared has a great fall.
He also looks so awesome as George Ferris - makes me want to learn more about him.
Post a Comment