January 30, 2011

Bobcat Jared

Jared got his first Cub Scouting award this week. The Bobcat is the first rank in Cub Scouting. To get the award, Jared had to memorize the scout law, handshake, oath and a few other things. He also got to participate in his first flag ceremony. He was pretty nervous but he did great.

I posted this already on Facebook, but I thought I'd mention it here. This week in Jared's class they formed small businesses and had a day where they sold and purchased from each other. Jared was placed in a group with four other kids and they formed a cookie selling business. He was very excited and came home and told me about the jobs in his business. "There's a CEO, a marketer and an accountant." He told me that he was the accountant and that meant that he was the "money keeper." Then I asked him what the fourth kid did, if there were only three jobs. "He's the lazy guy that watches TV all day," Jared said. He said it with such confidence that it made me laugh. On Friday, Jared came home with a backpack of toys that he has bought at business day. I asked him about the lazy guy that watched TV and he told me that that kid did end up helping "make the sign." Well, at least he contributed something, I guess.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats - Jared! You are doing great things.

The State of Our Family said...

Double congrats to Jared! I always hated doing group projects in school because inevitably I would end up with at least one TV watching guy in my group. :)

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...