
Civil War Fun
On Memorial Day we went to Camp Floyd and enjoyed a Civil war camp reenactment. Chaz got to participate in a muster and drill. We also played period games, heard some live music, and completed a "treasure hunt" by talking to a bunch of different people to find answers to the hunt questions.

Pickles on a Mountain
They had been selling large pickles on a stick at the Civil War thing, so after our picnic lunch all the kids said they wanted pickles, so we stopped and bought a jar of pickles and headed to our next destination: Utah State Flight Park. We were hoping to see some paragliders, but when we got up there we saw the last of them packing up. So we went and watched some guys fly their RC airplanes and ate our pickles.
Cabellas
We wrapped up our fun family day at Cabellas, looking at the animals and fish and shooting at the shooting gallery.
Happy Anniversary
Chuck and I had a nice, but low key 12th anniversary on Saturday. I took the morning off of Hello, Dolly! rehearsals, so that we could spend the morning together going to garage sales. Then we went on a nice scooter/motorcycle ride together. In the evening we went out to dinner and then came home and watched Enchanted with the kids. A couple weeks before we bought ourselves a new bed as our anniversary gift.
Not just at our aniversary, but often, I think of how blessed Chuck and I are to be together. Our problems have been few and our lives happy. We are compatible and complementary in so many ways, and it could only be divine providence that made the match. I think anyone who knows our story would have to agree.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a nice anniversary!
You guys are very lucky. You're all healthy, happy and you have the four best kids!!!
I really hope I can come and visit you guys in January!
Who knew the Civil War could be fun? ;)
Post a Comment