Ruth & Jared: ArtistsRuth and Jared both submitted artwork to be displayed in the children's wing of the new hospital that will be opening this fall not far from our home. We received notice this week that their work was accepted and will be part of their permanent display. We've been invited to an openhouse next week to view their work.
Writer's Conference
I attended a writer's conference on Thursday. I was able to hear from authors and publishers and I learned a lot about the art and business of writing. It was fun and educational. This last month I've submitted two different articles to the Children's Friend and I'm trying to work myself up to starting that novel I've been thinking about for the last year. The frightening thing about it is what a huge time commitment it would be with such a slim chance of success. But if I never try I'll never know.
Primary Program
Every year the children at our church put on a program for all the parents and members. Today was our program and as as the president of the primary this was a big deal for me. We have 150 children and we filled the first 6 rows of benches in the chapel as well as filling the stand. The children (ages 3-11) sang songs and had speaking parts; our theme was families. It turned out really good and I was so proud of all the kids. We ended on time (second year in a row) and I got a lot of complements afterward.

3 comments:
Exciting stuff, all! Congrats!
Seems so early to have a primary program - ours isn't scheduled until Nov (but that seems really late). What a relief to have it over. Hope to see pictures of that fabulous art work soon. You'll have to let us know when your stories are printed in the Friend. I like knowing famous people :)
It's exciting that the hospital there is nearly opened! How cool that your kids will have their art work up there! Congrats on the program. We just had ours too. I played the piano (and as you may recall my piano skills are mediocre at best) :). Ethan and Emma did great on their parts. Good luck on the writing and keep us posted about the Friend articles...that would be so cool!
Post a Comment