Dear Edwina
Kaitlin's musical practices are in full swing with less then two weeks to go until her opening night. She has made a lot of friends and is really loving doing the show. It looks like I have a thespian on my hands. My role as stage manager has also gotten busier as I'm now required at all the practices and I'm trying to work out the sound design. It is a real challenge working with middle school students who all seem to have a very short attention span. But when I step back and remind myself that these kids are just 12-14 years old, it really is amazing that they are doing so well.
New Year Celebration
Chuck and Chaz got to be part of the making of the New Year Celebration video that the church is making to be shown all the youth groups around the world this coming new years. They said it was a really amazing experience. The filming was held at the Conference Center which seats around 21,000 and it was totally full of teenagers. The show included music, speakers and dancing. The video will be free to watch online starting in the new year but don't count on seeing Chaz, he was in the nosebleed section.
Reflection's Video
Ruth and Jared turned in their Reflections entries this week. Ruth entered a video, photo and artwork. Jared entered a song (that he sang himself), photo and artwork. I've shrunk down Ruth's video here. As always, a lot of quality is lost when shrinking videos but you should get the gist of it.
5 comments:
Your kids are so talented! Any chance you can get Jared to sing his song on video so we can all hear it? Also, what is the Reflections theme this year?
Fun video. Ruth is a natural
The Reflections theme if you couldn't guess was "Wow!" Ruth did great on the video - the special effect of having a double image was all her idea (she discovered how to do it by accident). So many things in the video were just "happy accidents." Her original video was 15 min long. I challenged her to make it 2 minutes. It was hard for her to cut out so much. Yes, I'll try to remember to post Jared's music.
The Barnums have lots of talent! I'm glad I know where to turn when I need help in the creative world.
I love the video! :o)
Post a Comment