All encompassing this week was the performance of Kaitlin's musical Dear Edwina. I served as stage manager, whose most important job was to change the 5 body microphones between the 15 kids who were using the mics for their musical numbers. After a rough start on opening night on Thursday, the kids really hit their stride on Fridays and Saturdays performances. It was really amazing, they seemed to improve exponentially with each show. I was so proud of all the kids (which I grew to think of as my own kids) and especially my own kid Kaitlin. I asked Chaz to help on Monday, as I had one scene change that required heavy lifting. He was good enough to come to every practice and performance.
Kaitlin wanted to add: "The shows were so much fun. It was very satisfying to perform after all our hard work. I really loved the people I was working with and now I'm totally sad because it is over. And my life is so boring now."
I don't yet have a DVD of the whole show, but Chuck was able to take a few short clips of a few of the songs that Kaitlin sang and danced in. We were so excited to have Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Kathy and Amy come down to see the show. I posted a couple other videos (not included in these compilations) on my Facebook page.
Here are Chaz and Kaitlin back stage.
Kaitlin (on the left in the purple) is dancing with a boy named Dion in the song "Put it in the Piggy."
"Wait one more second, I'm almost ready!" That is what Kaitlin thinks this picture looks like. Really it is her singing in "RSVP."
5 comments:
Very impressive. Wish I could have been there.
So fun! Looks like it went really well.
Love the picture of Caitlyn and Chaz - they look so attractive and all grown up! I do think Chaz looks much better with the haircut. Glad the whole play went smoothly. What an accomplishment!
Sorry I spelled your name wrong Kaitlin - I'll try to do better next time.
its ok, i get that all the time.
Post a Comment