September 21, 2008

This week Kaitlin has once again agreed to join me as co-writer of the blog.

Becky: Hi Kaitlin

Kaitlin: Hi Mom


Goal!!!!

Becky: Soccer was one of our family's highlights this week. Jared made his first goal of the season. It wasn't just any goal, it was a dribble the ball down the field, dodge around a defender and kick it into the goal, goal!

Kaitlin: Maybe it helps that he can see the ball.

Becky: Ruth made a shot on goal this week as well. She dribbled the ball down the field, dodged around a defender and kicked it...right into the goalie's hands. But it was still exciting!

Kaitlin: Great job guys!



Pizza

Kaitlin: A silly thing happened when we were making a pizza. Its not really important, but I'm gonna add it in anyway. So, we pulled the pizza out of the oven, and it had a huge bubble in it like a volcano! Too bad it soon deflated into a big hole in the pizza.

Becky: I thought the pizza looked pregnant when I pulled it out. I was disappointed that we didn't get a baby pizza out of it.

Canning Peaches

Becky: Here in Utah canning is a big topic of conversation. "Have you done any canning?" "Have you tried canning applesauce?" "I have a great salsa recipe." So I'm happy that I can say that I too have taken part in the annual canning. I canned 40 lbs of peaches. In the end I got 18 quarts and 2 batches of jam. Ruth was my biggest (and only) canning helper. She got really fast at peeling those peaches.


Kaitlin: Hey, I would have helped if I was there. You decided to do it without me. All the same, they will taste good in times to come.


Exclusive Photos

Becky: It seems that one of Chuck's sisters doesn't believe that Chuck could actually be doing all that recreational reading. I agree that it is somewhat out of character. She asked for a candid photo of Chuck in the act. This photo is not posed.

Kaitlin: What was he reading so much anyways?

Becky: This is the book "Five People you Meet in Heaven." Now he's reading the Tennis Shoes among the Nephites books. He just started book 3.

Kaitlin: Never read either of those. I wonder if they are entertaining. And its true, so I will restate, this photo is not posed.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I really enjoy it when you guys co-write on the blog. It's so much fun.

That picture of Chuck reading is SHOCKING! In the 80's all we did was watch TV! :o) :o) :o)

Amy said...

I really did read this a while ago, but haven't done much responding lately. So . . . after all my canning - I have a question for you. Do you can with a water bath canner or a steam canner? I did my jam (half pint size) in a 'water bath canner'- a large pot, but the only canners I could borrow were steam - so all my quart size are steam canned. Everyone I spoke to, except Annette, prefers the steam canner. I am contemplating in investing in one, so what do you prefer?

Becky B. said...

The problem with steam canners is that your limited to what you can can in them. Tomatoes, for example, technically are not supposed to be canned in a steam canner. So do some research and see if a steam canner meets all your needs. They certainly are easier to use.

RSnow said...

Jared has now done something that his uncle never has, and that is score a goal in a soccor game. Congrats.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...