September 28, 2008

Jared, Soccer Wizard

I posted last week about Jared's soccer goal. Well, he had another great week at soccer. No goal, but still he was right in there. Last year he was always played the "tail of the comet" position (that is the kids just trailing behind the mob around the ball). Big improvement!




Outside the Window


What can you see outside Ruth's basement window? A squash of course.


Five Out of Six


On Saturday I went to my sister's house for a family gathering. My oldest brother and his wife had flown in from KY. We had 5 out of my 6 siblings in attendance. I also got to meet my new great-niece, Lydia.



Primary Program Coming


Every year our church's children's classes are in charge of doing to church service for a Sunday. This is called the annual Primary Program. We've been working on it all year and now it is only 3 weeks away! Yesterday I had 15 minutes to practice fitting 150 children onto the stage of our chapel for the first time. To put this in perspective, our chapel has 30 choir seats. Now where do the other 120 children and their 32 teachers sit? That is a good question! Needless to say my stress levels are a bit higher right now. I'll let you know how it goes.


2 comments:

Laura said...

What a wonderful video of Jared playing soccer!

This blog thing is AWESOME. I love all the pictures and videos you post. :o) :o) :o)

Lisa said...

Your primary program will be terrific. I have no doubt about it!

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...