The release of the movie trailer for the next Harry Potter has gotten us thinking about all the new movies that we are excited about. Now normally we aren't movie going people. The last three movie we saw at the theater were Prince Caspian, Enchanted and Harry Potter. That is about two movies a year. But this fall we may have to break our record and see more then one. Here are some movies we are excited about:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Of course we are highly anticipating the next addition to the Harry Potter saga. The preview looks good. Though there is always the problem of fitting a 700 page book into 3 hours (I'm sure it will be at least that long).
The City of Ember
If you haven't read the book The City of Ember I would highly recommend it. It's in the youth fiction area and was a Beehive award winner in Utah. I first listened to it on CD and it is still among my top 5 favorite books. I'm excited to see what the movie will be like. It's always iffy when they make a movie out of a book you love. One thing that concerns me is that one thing that I loved about the book was this huge reveal of a mystery near the end of the book, however, they give away the mystery from the word go in the movie so I wonder how that will affect the movie. Anyway, the trailer looks awesome and I'm excited about this one.
Twilight
If anything, this newest trailer for Twilight makes me more nervous then ever about this movie. I'm sorry but I think the acting in this new trailer is atrocious. Can Bella be more emotionless? Ug! I hate when they ruin good books with bad movies! But I will keep crossing my fingers. I mean, the acting can't be as bad as "Attack of the Clones" can it? ("I love you deeply, madly" gag me!)
The Tale of Despereaux
I loved this Newberry Book and the cartoon looks very cute. Emma Watson does the voice for Princess Pea so it will be fun to see how that goes.
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Now there is no chance in Hades that I'm going to pay money to see this film in the theater, but Jared loves the trailer so I've gone ahead and added it here. Just yesterday Jared had a bad dream he wanted to tell Chuck about. In the dream Jared saw a monster and tried to tell the rest of us about it but we couldn't see it. Chuck asked Jared what the monster looked like. Jared said that it wasn't a big monster, it was a little monster, and it looked like a Chihuahua, but it had wings and it stood on only two legs. I think he had a vision of Disney's next movie "When Chihuahuas Go Bad."
Minesweeper: The Movie
Warning! This trailer has some not nice words - not bad words exactly - but not words I want my kids saying at the dinner table either.
Okay, so this isn't a real movie. But I thought it was funny.
Enchanted
This movie has already been released but it is still a favorite at our house. Kaitlin is pretty much enthralled with this movie right now and she can be heard singing the songs throughout the day.
I'm adding this Enchanted Trailer because I think it's funny. It is just done so well.
1 comment:
I'm at work right now so I can't see any of the trailers, but wanted to let Becky know that I'm about half way through the book "New Moon" and looking forward to reading the last two in the series.
Work is REALLY boring today....only TWO doctors working this afternoon so I'm twiddling my thumbs and surfing the net!
Post a Comment