I had a great first day at Kindergarten. I got to follow the bears on the wall to find the bathroom. Then I got to try it all out. Then I got to measure Jared and we got to cut and glue. Jared got to stick his hand in blue paint and I got to help him wash it. We got to look around the room together to count how many times we could find Jared's name. And then just as it was getting really fun the teacher told me that all parents had to leave. So it was with a heavy heart I left Jared, my baby, sitting at a table with three other kids that I'm sure were some other women's babies. Jared didn't seem to care. "Bye Mom" he said nonchalantly as I kissed him on the head. Although I felt sad I mostly felt satisfied. Just a year ago Jared was so petrified of new situations that he would have been kicking and screaming if I left him alone in a new place. He learned so much last year in preschool. I'm sure he will learn a lot this year in kindergarten. At least Jared's kindergarten teacher didn't read us the" goodbye" story before the parents left like in the classroom down the hall, the more moms in that class were crying then the kids.
August 10, 2008
I had a great first day at Kindergarten. I got to follow the bears on the wall to find the bathroom. Then I got to try it all out. Then I got to measure Jared and we got to cut and glue. Jared got to stick his hand in blue paint and I got to help him wash it. We got to look around the room together to count how many times we could find Jared's name. And then just as it was getting really fun the teacher told me that all parents had to leave. So it was with a heavy heart I left Jared, my baby, sitting at a table with three other kids that I'm sure were some other women's babies. Jared didn't seem to care. "Bye Mom" he said nonchalantly as I kissed him on the head. Although I felt sad I mostly felt satisfied. Just a year ago Jared was so petrified of new situations that he would have been kicking and screaming if I left him alone in a new place. He learned so much last year in preschool. I'm sure he will learn a lot this year in kindergarten. At least Jared's kindergarten teacher didn't read us the" goodbye" story before the parents left like in the classroom down the hall, the more moms in that class were crying then the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks. Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...
-
Catching up with the Barnums. Here's some of what's been going on. Christmas! Kate and Ben hosted us at their new apartment...
-
Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks. Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...
No comments:
Post a Comment