June 29, 2008

Today on our family blog I would like to welcome Kaitlin, who will be co-writing with me.

Becky: Welcome Kaitlin
Kaitlin: (Laughing) Hey.

Chaz Turns 15

Becky: Chaz turned 15 on Saturday. We celebrated by going to the city parade.

Kaitlin: Then we had cake, which wasn't cake, and all that. Late at night we went to a park and anxiously awaited fireworks, which were really good for a city thing.

Becky: Chaz got a tennis racket, a wallet, some shorts and some headphones. Kaitlin and Chaz were so excited that now they each had a tennis racket that...

Kaitlin: ...we went to this tennis court that doesn't get used very often and it was really hot and we practiced. We didn't really practice we kind of learned how to do it.

Becky: Chaz also spent most of the afternoon at the City Fair with a friend. We have no idea what he did but he wasn't arrested or anything so I guess it was okay.

Kaitlin: Chaz got his face painted, a red helicopter, but after he wore it for awhile it looked like a big bloody, zitty mess. (giggles) Like in this picture.

Becky: I think Chaz looks pretty cute in this picture (the face painting thing aside). He is looking like more and more like a young man every day.


Kaitlin had a Birthday Party

Kaitlin: I had a fun Pop-Star birthday party. All the girls got silly sun glasses and crowns, like in this picture. I look so cool. The girls painted nails, sang karaoke, and dressed each other up in toilet paper (That was fun!). I got twenty bucks for Target which I am anxious to spend.

Becky: The coolest thing about Kaitlin's party is that she planned and paid for the whole thing herself. Now that she is 12, Mom won't plan friend parties anymore.

Kaitlin: I decorated my own cake and cupcakes. They look silly. I love smily face cupcakes!

Kaitlin: For my birthday present I got my ears pierced, finally! Although they hurt for the first hour, now they don't and they are very pretty. I will not tell you where I got my ears pierced [at which establishment] because it is embarrassing. Now they are cute. And I love them. I don't know why my mom never did it before. She is probably just afraid. The end.


City Days

Becky: Saturday was our city celebration.

Kaitlin: We had a parade that went on for-ever! It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been siting in the blazing heat and at the very end of the parade [route]. So all the dancers and cheerleaders were so hot and tired that they didn't do any dances. I was disappointed. And then we had all the political people I don't care about driving by in their cars. At least I had the shade umbrella.

Becky: In the afternoon Chuck and Jared and I went to the fair. We are too frugal to buy tickets for the rides so we just visit the booths and watch the free entertainment. Kaitlin and Ruth decided to stay home and swim in our little pool. It was very hot.

Jared's Eye Doctor Visit

Becky: This week we took our 3rd visit to Primary Children's Hospital to get Jared's eyes checked. He's been on the "chemical patch" for the past 3 months to try to strengthen his lazy eye. I was happy to learn that he now has equal eyesight in both eyes. We will go back in the Fall to see if he has any regression. Jared is dressed as a pirate in this picture just because. He dressed up one day and looked cute so I took his picture.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the co-writing post. It is always entertaining to read about your lives, but even more-so with the extra commentary. You'll have to invite all your kids to co-blog with you sometime. I might have to try it too.

Laura said...

I'm glad Chaz had a great birthday.

Would you guys quit growing up?!?! You are all getting so OLD! :o( :o(

I loved the co-writing post. I hope you do more of those. That was a lot of fun to read.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...