June 8, 2008

No More Teachers No More Books...

School's Out for the Barnums

Yes it's true. We are all finished for school for the summer. Now just if the weather would cooperate! It has been nothing but rain, rain and more rain, which is great for my garden but no so great for spring frolicking. All the kids brought home report cards. Kaitlin and Chaz both did very well, and Ruth surprised us all by bringing home a perfect report card. We never considered Ruth to be a super strong student so wooh-hoo Ruth!


The Eagle has landed... almost

Chaz finished up his Eagle project this week. That just leaves one and a half merit badges between Chaz and his Eagle scout. He's set a goal to finish it up this summer so cross your fingers everyone. He dropped off the outdoor play toys he collected to an inner city school in Salt Lake. I think it was a real eye opener for him to walk down the halls there and look at the challenges that children in this poor area faced.


In the end Chaz collected:



36 Play Balls
6 Sports Balls
21 Frisbees
31 Jump Ropes
58 Bubbles
2 buckets of chalk










Becky's Training Video


This week I put on a big training meeting for all the people who teach primary classes (children age 3-12) in my ward. For that training meeting I made the following video. I had to totally shrink it to make it fit on the blog so I hope the idea comes across if not the quality. The video contains pictures of some of the 150 children that we serve in our primary taken at primary activities we have had this year. Kaitlin, Ruth and Jared are all in the video.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Loved the video - it's right up there with all the things the church produces - particularly for the general open house trainings. I just know someday you are going to be on a general board or in a general presidency. You do a fabulous job with everything you do.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...