September 29, 2019

Photo Highlights from FanX
(More pictures of us wearing costumes)


The week before FanX Ruth and I volunteered at a Cosplay scavenger hunt. It was fun to stamp people's cards when they found us and interact with them in character. 

Day one of FanX 
When batgirl turns 40.  Ha ha! 

I put some time in volunteering at the HEROIC booth. By taking photos with convention-goers we raised over $500 for local refugees over the course of the convention.
n Friday Ruth debuted her She-ra cosplay. She had worked so hard the few weeks before the convention. It was a super complicated costume and she made it all by herself. 

When cosplayers sit next to each other.  Ruth and I had struggles with our shoulder armor always bumping. 

Ruth was really popular with little girls. She kept getting stopped over and over to take pictures with them. Ruth would talk to them and let them hold her sword.  

We were so excited to meet up with other Avatar cosplayers and take pictures together! 


Kaitlin and Ben made their own costumes and they looked great!

We always have to take pictures with the Star Wars folks.  

Ruth looked amazing!

We love cosplaying together.  We were stopped for pictures all the time. 

While in line to take our professional photos, we practiced a lot of different poses. 
I snapped this photo just to document the fact that Chuck and Jared came to hang out with us on Saturday.  


If you are willing to wait in line, FanX provides free professional photography for all the cosplayers.  I think this is an amazing service and we had so much fun taking these. 


Someday Ruth with photoshop some fire in my hand so I'll look extra cool!  

Ruth's She-Ra has such impressive shapes! You can tell she is a designer. 


Shout out to Ben and Kaitlin for making this amazing Blue Spirit mask. People really liked it. 

Kaitlin had the best poses!  She also did some dancing for us while we waited in some of our panels.

What I love about our cosplaying together is that we have so much fun! We had fun conspiring together as we made our costumes and then bringing it all together for the event.  

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

These are great! What a way to make family memories.

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...