Last Week of School
Jared and I are on our last week of school. Jared had his concert band concert last week and has one more percussion concert this week (who schedules a concert on the 2nd to last day of school??) Jared finished the year with mostly A's and was awarded an Academic Letter for his high gpa. I only have two days left of work and I am so ready to be done with my job. I will miss teaching. It was super satisfying to expose students to hands-on science and engineering and see them get excited about it. But there isn't much future in my job and the pay vs stress ratio is a little out of balance. I've put my resume together but don't plan on looking for work until the fall.
Happy Birthday and Mother's Day to Me
The weather has been downright depressing but I did have a very nice Mother's day and birthday this year. For Mother's Day weekend we found a short break in the rain and planed the garden. For my birthday we went out to dinner and then played Guitar Hero as a family (Jared is the best Guitar Hero Drummer Ever!). Also during my birthday week, I appeared at a childhood cancer fundraiser gala at the aquarium. The charity provided princesses and asked my group to provide Disney Villans. I got to spend the evening tormenting children as Mother Gothel and I even sang at the event. It was tons of fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment