July 1, 2018

New Driver

Jared is signed up for driver's ed in the fall so we thought it was about time to get him driving. He got his learners permit and has already been out driving a few times.  He's a fast learner and I'll be glad to have him up and driving like a pro in no time.


Hawk Girl

With summer in full swing now is the busy time for HEROIC.  I've been working hard on finishing my new HEROIC costume: Hawkgirl and got it done in time to test out at our town days. That was my first outing with a new costuming club called Legacy (they are a more chill and less official group than HEROIC).   After several failed attempts at making movable wings, I gave up on that idea and made some stationary wings out of chickenwire and interfacing (thanks Donna for all the interfacing).   The new wings are really light and easy to wear - though the wind was a bit problematic and I had to do some adjusting to fix that for the future.  I'm all-in-all happy with this new costume and it will be nice to have a few more options when I do events.

The wings have over 100 individual feathers all hand sewn onto the frame. The vest is my own pattern that I sewed out of scrap fabric two times before I actually sewed it in duck cloth. It's fully lined with red lining. 
The wrist cuffs were my own 3d printing design and the mask is craft foam.
Ruth calls these "chicken feet"  But this is how halkgirls boots look.  
Can you believe I bought the jeans at Savers??   All done!


No comments:

Barnums in Lock Down We have now been in quarantine for four weeks.  Ruth and Jared are both doing online school, Chuck and Ruth are also ...