Kaitlin and I decided awhile ago that we were not going to put on a bridal shower, Kaitlin didn't want the extra attention, and we didn't want the extra work. I'm not sure if word got out about that or how it became known, but one of Kaitlin's old church leaders (and good friend), stepped forward and told us she was going to put on a church/neighborhood shower for us. We didn't have to do anything, just show up. The shower was lovely and a lot of our local friends came to wish Kaitlin well. Kaitlin was overwhelmed by their kindness and generosity. It was a really fun day. Thank you so much Stephanie, for planning, and Tricia, for hosting! We felt really loved.
We got Appreciated
You might have heard that two weeks ago was teacher appreciation week, but did you know that this past week was auxiliary worker appreciation week? No? It's true. Both Kaitlin and I were appreciated at our jobs. Kaitlin got lunch twice, and I got lunch and a huge stack of adorable handwritten thank-you cards from my 1st graders.
Happy Pre-Birthday
Instead of Mother's Day, today we are celebrating "pre-birthday". In celebration of this special day, Kaitin gave me this amazing pre-birthday chocolate bouquet of her very own making.



No comments:
Post a Comment