Merry Christmas
We've had a quiet and nice Christmas. On Christmas Eve, our family band, Gourmet Chips, played some Christmas songs together (see Instagram). Jared and I played together a little as well. We also played a new board game that we got for Christmas, and we played the hand-bells. We reenacted the Christmas story from the Book of Mormon, and finished with some Lego Rock Band. It was a pretty fun night.
Christmas morning started at 7:30 am. Jared got some bongo drums, and Ruth got a comforter set for her bed, Chuck got a shirt and tie, and I got a pressure cooker. After presents we had to get ready for church (and I had to do some food prep).
My Christmas program at church went pretty smoothly. My choir sang as well as I have heard them. I have about 15 more people at Christmas than any other time. It's nice to hear all four parts for once. Overall I was pretty happy with it.
On Christmas afternoon, Ben, Kaitlin's boyfriend, came over and we all anxiously awaited Kaitlin's call. We had a great conversation with her. She was so happy! She had been in to the hospital that morning for a follow-up, and she said she has the fanciest doctor in the whole city and is getting good care. She is so excited to come home in just five weeks. We had a good visit with Ben, and learned that he isn't going back to school this spring, rather he is staying home to "earn some more money" and will return to school in the fall.
| It's been our tradition to make ornaments every year. This year it was "ugly Christmas sweaters." Can you guess who made which? One is a give away. |
| This is Samuel the Lamanite (and his turkey) on the wall fending off attacks from the wicked people. |
| The thing Kaitlin wanted most in our Skype call with her was a "talent show". Here is Jared playing for her. Ruth also did some of her debate presentation for her. |
| Kaitlin was so excited and happy to talk to us. She sounded like she was doing really well. |
| Our Christmas cracker hats at Christmas dinner. |
| We got 6 inches of snow on Christmas eve. We're glad we had decided not to travel, because all that snow had an icy underbelly. Luckily the streets were plowed by the time we headed for church. |
2 comments:
What a fabulous Christmas - I loved all the pictures. I think Christmas on a Sunday is the best! (This is Amy - I just realized I'm signed on as Adam)
I am glad you had such a nice Christmas day. It is exciting that Kaitlin is coming home so soon.
Post a Comment